Painting by Hérine Fourie
|Dr. Hans Breuer|
18 Constantia Ave.
021 887 6939
A former professor at universities in Canada and the USA
he is now an independent author and consultant
Hans is now an independent author and translator of scientific books. He also
works as consultant for lasers in Medicine and has his own company, Stellenbosch Scientific Instruments CC. Together with his sons he wrote a complex planning program for proton -
Hans has been married to Rosemarie, née Berg since 1967. They have three sons, Klaus (1968-2013), Hannes and Florian.
By the way: Hans is 'King Kalinko' in his wife's children's book in 3 languages (so far),
Zauberer Zettelwitz vom Tafelberg - Table Mountain Wizard - Die Towenaar van Tafelberg (first published in 2010 and 2011)
Hobbies: Adventurous travels, Physics, Writing, Nature, Reading
Sports: Rowing, sailing, tennis and golf
Favourite reading: Science and Science Fiction, journeys and history.
Frans Bengtson, Rode Orm - a magnificent Viking adventure
Tony Horwitz, Blue latitudes (Excellent book on Captain Cook)
Science Fiction by Fred Hoyle, The Black Cloud, John Wyndham, The Day of the Triffids and more
Favourite quote: Wer weiß, wozu es gut war!
|The dtv-Atlas books on Physics and Chemistry are bestsellers and appear in
revised editions every few years. They have been translated into Czech, French,
Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Serbian, Slovenian and Spanish with more translations in preparation, including Arabic. |
52 journal articles (refereed) and reports, 5 Book contributions,
21 Scientific books and text books in Chemistry, Physics, Physics in Medicine and Computer Sciences,
2 General books (Morocco travel guide and a book on the Inventions and Discoveries of the Far East)
Translations from German: Handbook of Laser in Medicine, Springer 2003
How does MIR work, Springer 2003
|1. Dictionary for computer languages (A.P.I.C. studies in data processing)
Academic Press, London 1966
2. Experiments in Modern Physics
6. Physics for life science students (Prentice-Hall physics series)
7. Taschenwörterbuch der Programmiersprachen
8. Physik für Mediziner und Naturwissenschaftler (Springer-Lehrbuch) (German Edition)
10. Entdeckt-Erforscht-Entwickelt, Vol 1
11. dtv-Atlas Chemie 1. Allgemeine und anorganische Chemie.
12. dtv - Atlas zur Chemie II. Organische Chemie und Kunststoffe.
|13. Entdeckt-Erforscht-Entwickelt, Vol.2 |
DTV, München, 1983
14. ..., Klaus Breuer, Die Basic Fibel
15. dtv-Atlas Physik, Band 1. Mechanik, Akustik, Thermodynamik, Optik.
16. dtv-Atlas Physik, Band 2. Elektrizität, Magnetismus, Festkörper, Moderne Physik.
17. Taschenatlas Physik für Mediziner (Springer-Lehrbuch) (German Edition) ,
18. G.G. Jaros, ... : Physics and Chemistry for Nurses
19. Atlas zur Informatik
20. G.G. Jaros, ... : Physics and Chemistry for Health Care Professionals
The Japanese (and 9th) translation of dtv Atlas Physik appeared in August 2009