Photos by Willem Malherbe
The H-shaped old Rhenish Parsonage with its beautiful classicist Western gable ... was already there by 1817, as was Leipoldt House, slightly to one side and in front of the Rhenish Parsonage.
The Rhenish Parsonage (from the back)
The Rhenish Parsonage in 1984
The names Rhenish Parsonage and Leipoldt House were only given to the buildings much later, after the arrival of the Rhenish missionaries, one of the most remarkable group of people ever to settle in our village.
Ters van Huyssteen, Footloose in Stellenbosch
It is now housing the Toy and Miniature Museum.
Become a friend of Stellenbosch Museum!
Die Vriende van die Stellenbosch Museum
Ryneveld Street 37
Private Box X5048, Stellenbosch 7599
Tel: 021 887 2937
www.StellenboschWriters.com © Rosemarie Breuer Books
Find Afrikana and other books at bidorbuy.co.za